3 Haziran 2007 Pazar

Hall Of Fame Followup

Hall Of Fame Followup

A few afterthoughts after recuperating from last nights liveblog of the IDP Hall Of Fame Dinner (and, less successfully, trying to recuperate from a nasty cold):

  • Joe Biden had lots of substance, but a bad speaking slot (last) as TV crews started packing up during his speech.
  • John Edwards did a good job of condensing The Edwards Speech into a short version, and held the undecided in the crowd well.
  • Hillary Clinton had the largest claque so it was hard to judge the genuine reaction.
  • I never actually saw Hillary Clinton, in the back row of the press section behind the TV tripods. I managed to bob and weave enough to glimpse the others.
  • Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I heard anyone mention the word "immigration."

    Here's some thoughts of others (ongoing updates):

  • Common Iowan has some video and link love for me so goes first.
  • My back row seatmate were the AP's Amy Lorentzen ("the younger, prettier Mike Glover" she says) and David Yepsen which bemused a few friends of mine.
  • Also from the Register, Tom Beaumont.
  • O. Kay has two blog bits: the what it felt like being there bit (which I always enjoy and find accurate) and the key quotes.
  • The home town Gazette's James Lynch and Rod Boshart have lots of local reacts.
  • The nationals seemed focused on the New Hampshire convention but Jeff Zeleny of the New York Times has his take.

    Lots of the usual political suspects who were in CR late last night were at the ICARE pancake breakfast early this AM, with a few sporting campaign chum; I took off the raspberry beret and treated the breakfast as family time. OK, I schmoozed some.

    If I can stop coughing long enough, I'll try to do a first-take on tonight's debate.
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder