28 Haziran 2007 Perşembe

Debates vs. Forums

Debates vs. Forums: Getting My Definitions Straight

There's so many it's confusing but let's get the terms settled.

A "forum" is an event where multiple candidates appear in sequence but do not interact. The Iowans for Tax Relief event Saturday night is a forum. Which, since Ron Paul is speaking in the same town immediately following, makes his "exclusion" even less important, He's not being left out of any interaction, and has gotten more mileage out of the snub than he could have hoped for with an invitation.

A "debate" has multiple candidates on stage at the same time, interacting with a moderator or one another. Tonight's Democratic event is a debate. I will be live-blogging with a new twist. I'll be joining M.E. Sprengelmeyer and the Rocky Mountain News team with my instant reacts.

Also, check back after 11 as I follow Newt Gingrich here in Iowa City.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder