11 Aralık 2007 Salı

Does Hillary Want Students or Not?

Does Hillary Want Students or Not?

My big story for the day, Michelle Obama at Oaknoll, got iced out. So here's some links.

  • More on the Hillary and Illinois students story. Yepsen tut-tuts more today but does at least note what I pointed out last week: "There is a law of diminishing returns on the Democratic side. After a candidate has won all the delegates from a college precinct, adding more caucus-goers to it does nothing to improve that candidate's score." Chase reports on a Grinnell student who got a call from Team Hillary:
    I said, “I’m a Grinnell College student but I’m from Minnesota. Does Hillary Clinton want my vote?”

    And the woman said, “That’s a complicated issue, hold on a minute.” So she put me on hold for about two minutes, then said, “I’m going to have our youth coordinator get back to you.” And she took my name and number.

    I’m still waiting for them to tell me whether I’m worthy of caucusing for Hillary Clinton.


    And Bill was asked about it in Iowa City last night and gave a more complete answer:
    A young man asked Clinton whether he should be able to participate in the state’s caucus as an out-of-state student. He responded that it’s a "matter of conscience."

    "If you consider yourself and your political persona, as primarily involved in Iowa, then I think it’s time for you to register and caucus. But, if would or if you could, go right back home to Minnesota or wherever you’re from … and this is a one-off deal, I don’t think it’s right. Even if it benefits Hillary," Clinton said.

  • Who ♥'s Huckabee? Churches and home schoolers. The back from hiatus Caucus Cooler has the best quote: "The guy playing the most important role in the GOP primary right now died about 2000 years ago."

  • It's been out for a few days but Bleeding Heartland has a great list of Democratic HQs around the state.
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder