5 Nisan 2007 Perşembe

Steve King ♥ Tom Tancredo?

Steve King ♥ Tom Tancredo?


Cyclone Conservative
reports that email is moving on the right-o-sphere re this O. Kay article:
Iowa Congressman Steve King shares the same views on immigration reform as the most-recent entrant in the Republican presidential race, but King says he's not ready to endorse Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo's candidacy.

"I certainly encouraged Tom to run. I had, essentially, a heart-to-heart talk with him this past week and encouraged him," King says. "I want to facilitate everything I can in Iowa so that his voice is well-heard here." King and Tancredo both oppose amnesty for the illegal immigrants living in the U.S. today and instead they advocate construction of a fence along the southern border of the U.S. and stricter enforcement of immigration rules.


CyCons seems to be buying into my theory that Tancredo is the man to watch:
When I did door knocking and phone calling before the election mostly on behalf of Tom Latham and Jim Nussle/Bob Vander Plaats, I was really struck by how often people asked what their stances were on immigration and whether they were going to do anything about the illegal immigration problem.

Some might argue that Tancredo is only running to push this issue more prominently into the national debate, but I am convinced that if Tancredo, a pretty articulate fellow, can run a Tommy Thompson style campaign, he could begin moving up the polls as quickly as anyone.

Iowa conservatives tend to love their conservative congressman from Kiron and its hard not to see where they wouldn't show the same sort of love for the conservative King clone from Colorado.


I hate to say I'm in complete agreement with CyCons but I am. Although we probably have very different feelings about it.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder