5 Nisan 2005 Salı

Senator Links Violence To 'Political' Decisions

Senator Links Violence To 'Political' Decisions



Too ill and exhausted to blog yesterday but I was able to read a little. Despite the massive coverage of the Pope's death, a few other items popped up, and this outrage from Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) was all over:



"I don't know if there is a cause-and-effect connection, but we have seen some recent episodes of courthouse violence in this country. . . . And I wonder whether there may be some connection between the perception in some quarters, on some occasions, where judges are making political decisions yet are unaccountable to the public, that it builds up and builds up and builds up to the point where some people engage in, engage in violence. Certainly without any justification, but a concern that I have."




My brain still isn't up to insight or comment but I think it stands by itself.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder