24 Nisan 2005 Pazar

Farm and Feline Update

Farm and Feline Update

It's been kind of a human-being weekend, and the news has been sort of tuned out.

The Smallest Farm in Iowa is progressing. The peas are about 5 inches high, in dense-pack formation along the fence. A few odd volunteers from last year's crop are poking out: I've seen cilantro, dill, lots of catnip, and one scraggly sunflower sprout. I didn't even grow sunflowers; I mulched with my daughter's sunflower seed shells once, and one managed to survive both roasting and eating.

The flower bed is also full of sprouts but I'm having a hard time telling the weeds from the seeds since I just broadcast some mixed shady seeds and I don't really know what's in there.

In other veggie news, two of my cats have acquired a taste for - get this - spinach. I'm used to them trying to raid my plate if meat is involved, but now they're after my salad. I thought maybe it was attention they craved, but as an experiment I dropped a couple spinach leaves and they ate it all. The other two still prefer yogurt.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder