21 Temmuz 2004 Çarşamba

Editor Put on Leave After Kerry Donation

Editor Put on Leave After Kerry Donation



William Pates, the Chronicle's letters editor, went on leave last week after Grade the News, a media watchdog organization based at Stanford University, contacted the paper about Pates' donations to Kerry and other Democrats...



Journalists are the world's worst navel-gazers. One of reasons I left that profession was because I was tired of David Yepsen bitching at me because I had a bumper sticker on my car. I doubt he had ever bothered to listen to one of my stories - I was only a reporter for a couple years but I was pretty good. One terrible day I faced probably the ultimate test a reporter can face and I did my job.



American journalists are the worst, setting ridiculous bars of mindless neutrality in the name of the God of Objectivity, and denying anyone in the profession any sort of civic life at all. At least, that is, until one enters the very top of the business, the Punditocracy, at which level you can drift back and forth between a CNN gig and the Administration of the Moment.



Meanwhile, the REAL story of media bias, which is the ever-increasing centralization of ownership, goes unreported.



Well, DUH.



In other news: the first produce has been picked. Four beans.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder