4 Mart 2006 Cumartesi

JC Dems Convention Update

JC Dems Convention Update

10:14 - Very little time for blogging so far. I've been data entering delegates all morning so far.

Completely missed Fallon's speech but I did say hi. Seems he enjoys my blog - thanks for reading, Ed!

Caught one line of Blouin's speech, referencing Jim Nussle's bag on the head from 1991: "He still has the bag but his head's too big for it now." Overheard "he's got his Republican running mate up there with him." Had to get a ruling on whether lt. gov. candidates get to speak. Guess they do.

Dusky Terry, Chet Culver and Dave Loebsack are all due soon. Every single county official and candidate are hare and so's the whole legislative delegation.

10:35 - interesting: Andy McGuire appears to have been left behind to work us Johnson County folks.

10:25 - Fallon left quietly, Blouin did a couple print press interviews. Chatted briefly with a staffer; still not hearing what I need. "He's got to choose between me and the right to lifers, and I need to hear something strong enough to piss off the right to lifers."

11:02. Speeches are winding down. Getting to the point when we get to do some business. Platform resolutions bussing around: no local option sales tax, raise minumum wage, close Gitmo. McGuire just leaving, we chatted. I was right: it is her job to work us types.

11:17. Discussing party consittution changes. An impeach Bush platform item is going around.

The big constitution item is allowing endorsements for nonpartisan office. I'm for it. Also, my job title may change to Database Manager.

Still to come: preference groups, yes or no?

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder