24 Mart 2006 Cuma

Bloggin' with... Blouin?

Bloggin' with... Blouin?

Who would have thought: Here I am liveblogging at a Mike Blouin event. Figured I should at least listen. And I've repeated the line "I'm just here to listen" a dozen times to friends of mine who really really wnat me on board.

5:52. Andi McGuire is speaking, just finishing up the bio stuff.

"Share Mike's priorities and values..." She's hitting health care, health care, health care.

Lots of key party players here: two supervisors, the sheriff, couple legislators, past party chairs... TEAM player. I keep hearing that.

5:55. Mike's up. Joking about the Hawkeye's lack of success to mixed response: the crowd loves Mike but they love their Hawkeyes... hey, Duke lost!

Touting labor endorsements, other endorsements. And they say "Blouin, we know you can win." "And we know you can walk in and do the job without basic training." (ooh!)

5:59 Education - "We've been living on reputation a little too long." He's hitting the plan points but that's not what I'm here to take in. What I am taking in is that word I used in the mashup: gravitas.

There's just that one, big, problem with this guy.

Education moves from K12 to the university. A couple challenger candidates have arrived.

6:03 Human rights and government as a good. Does it come here? Yes it does. "No reason for you to be concerned where I stand. Declare an absolute truce on our present laws. Our fight will be on creating options..."

Well, that's a better answer than last summer. But I don't WANT an absolute truce on choice, I want to move forward.

More later...

1 yorum:

  1. What do you want to change? Get rid of parental notification? What is so bad about Iowa's abortion law as it stands?

    YanıtlaSil