7 Mart 2006 Salı

Blouin Bandwagon - Who's NOT on board

Blouin Bandwagon - Who's NOT on board

We all know Mike Blouin is the king of the endorsements this year, with roughly 80% of the legislature lined up.

So who ISN'T on board? (Grabs legislator list, cross-references...)

  • Five Senate Dems including my senator Joe Bolkcom. The others are two from Des Moines - Dick Dearden and Jack Hatch, Daryll Beall of Webster Co. and lookee here, Amanda Ragan of Mason City.

  • On the house side there's the obvious exclusion of Rep. Fallon. Also missing from Polk are Janet Petersen, Kevin McCarthy and Wayne Ford. From the rest of the state:

    Dick Taylor, Cedar Rapids
    Dolores Mertz, Kossuth Co.
    Mark Davitt, Warren Co. (possibly Culver?)
    Mark Kuhn, Floyd Co.
    Paul Shomshor, Council Bluffs UPDATE: Des Moines Democrat commenting at Chris's site says Shomshor is with Culver
    and Beth Wessel-Kroeschell of Ames UPDATE: Drew says she's leaning Blouin


    Anyone know the story with any of these?

    A few notes to Blouin's webmaster:
  • I know the running mate is big news, but the front page makes it look like the candidate is surprisingly feminine looking for someone named "Mike." Also, Sally Pederson might take issue with all the references to "Lt. Gov." McGuire.
  • Your issues poll is missing one biggie.
  • My friend Bob Dvorsky (I don't always agree with my friends on every candidate) likes his two Iowa City precincts, but I don't know anyone who's prouder to be from Coralville. He'd certainly prefer that your site indicate so. (Update: they've corrected it. Maybe I've had some influence? Now, about that choice thing...)

    Of course, Chet's site is still advising us to caucus for him.

    Then there's Chet's other site. A cheap shot but I laugh in spite of myself. It's a meme - THE meme - that's out there on him, and he needs to defuse it.




    Clarification. I don’t know if these legislators have endorsed no one. They’re just the ones not listed as endorsing Blouin. Couldn’t find any endorsement info on Chet’s page, but I’m sure he’ll update it if he gets an endorsement. Presumably Fallon likes himself; I keep hearing that about him. Commentators have offered a couple more insights.
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder