11 Temmuz 2005 Pazartesi

Michigan Governor's Race a "Free For All"?

Michigan Governor's Race a "Free For All"?







The politics of celebrity takes a double-live-gonzo turn:



Motor City madman Ted Nugent continues to stoke speculation that he'll attempt to unseat Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm next year, reports The Philadelphia Inquirer.



He is ''getting real close to deciding to run,'' the rocker and hunting advocate told The Corpus Christi Caller-Times in an interview published Friday.



The guitarist and author of Kill It and Grill It said he'll make his decision ``in the next few weeks. That will blow some minds.''



A vocal advocate of the NRA and staunch Republican, Nugent raised eyebrows in April when he made a gung-ho speech at the organization's annual convention.



At the convention, the rocker said, ``To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em.''






The Detroit Free Press
reports Granholm leading likely Republican opponent Dick DeVos 51-33.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder