15 Mayıs 2005 Pazar

A thousand beats and a thousand drummers

A thousand beats and a thousand drummers



Amanda at Panda asks the question: where are you off the liberal ranch?



My free speech absolutism places me beyond the pale on a number of "PC" issues. Hate speech, tobacco advertising, corporate news bias and the exploitation of women and sexuality in the media are all bad things. But having someone else tell you what you can and can't say is worse. It drives me crazy when people are so sensitive about speech that they can't even use the words to discuss it. It's not "the N word," it's nigger and it's in five of the top ten singles. The way to defeat a bad idea is to out-argue it, disprove it, not to silence it. Banning an idea only increases its appeal.



People whose contempt for anyone who wants to smoke or drink drive me crazy. I'm a non-smoker and a recovering alcoholic and as I learned the hard way you have to make your own mistakkes. (like that typo)



The space program is the next great human adventure and I think people who say "spend the money on earth" are small-minded and short sighted.



And I think Dennis Miller, while he's slipped, is still pretty funny. Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.







Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder