19 Mayıs 2005 Perşembe

Loebsack's Latest

Loebsack's Latest

From potential Leach opponent David Loebsack:

Hi, everyone.

I just want to update you on my recent activities and what I will be up in the near future.

First, I continue to be impressed by the seriousness of purpose of the Democrats I encounter at every meeting I attend. There is no doubt that the activists among us are eager for change in the second district and we are all anxious to find a strong candidate to run in 2006.

The encouragement and support I have received over the course of the past several weeks has been remarkable. The responses to my initial "testing of the waters" have been overwhelmingly positive and I am now prepared to make my final decision about running sometime in the summer.

There are still a number of folks and groups I need to talk to in the coming weeks. As it turns out, I will be in D.C. mid-June to mid-July studying at the Library of Congress. I intend to take advantage of my time there to talk to Democratic Party and other interested parties to gauge possible support for this run.

Before then, I will be attending a number of central committee meetings and community events. If you know of an event I should be at, please do not hesitate to let me know by responding to this e-mail or calling me at one of the numbers below.

Finally, while I do not yet have positions on all the issues formulated, I am trying to focus primarily on domestic pocketbook issues that affect the vast majority of the people of the second district. As such, I am open to your concerns, thoughts, and ideas about jobs, education, health care, the environment, etc. At a time when most Americans feel more alienated from congress that at any time in recent history, dialogue and engagement with citizens of the district is more important than ever.

As always, thanks for all of your support and do not hesitate to be in touch.

David

P.S. Contributions are always welcome!

--
Loebsack Exploratory Committee
P.O. Box 81
Mt. Vernon, IA 52314

,

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder