22 Mart 2005 Salı

Bonds says he might miss season

Bonds says he might miss regular season



Bonds said he was tired and disappointed following a winter in which he was accused of steroid use, his grand jury testimony was leaked and he had two knee operations. He blamed his troubles on the media.



"You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did," Bonds said. "You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person."




Barry Bonds will never play again. He will either retire, his injuries suddenly and mysteriously slow to heal, or he'll be Pete Rosed. MLB needs a fall guy for the steroid scandal, and McGwire won't do because he's not an active player. They need a head on a platter, and we all know Barry has a big head.



And they want to do it before he passes Babe Ruth on the career homers list. He's at 703 as I write, only 11 shy.








Aside: When I was about 11 my dad took us to see the Brewers, during the couple of years Hank Aaron was playing out his string as a DH. I think he went 0 for 4 that day. But I saw the all time home run king play ball. And thirty years later I'm writing about it.



Thanks, Dad.



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder