2 Haziran 2004 Çarşamba

South Dakota Politics and Elections | Herseth hangs on; heads to House

Herseth hangs on; heads to House

"Herseth will likely leave today for Washington to immediately take the oath of office and move into Janklow's former office... In joining Democratic senators Tim Johnson and Tom Daschle, Herseth gives the state an all-Democrat congressional delegation for the first time since 1937..."

A squeaker that kept me up too late but a BIG win in a Red State.

I rarely get the chance anymore but I used to love watching election returns, trying to keep track state by state and race by race. It was fun to get a little fix of that last night.

Next week of course I'm In The Bubble but since all our contests are local it doesn't matter. In The Bubble is in the know. In November, of course, immersion in The Bubble will be total. I'll be spouting precinct stats for my town but will have no idea what's going on Outside. In 2000 it was well after midnight before I had any idea than anything weird was happening. "Huh? Florida? Wha?"

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder