14 Nisan 2006 Cuma

Riding The Storm Out

Riding The Storm Out

All is OK for me and the Furry Four here at Bohemian Paradise. The tornados missed me by a few blocks either way, all I see here is twigs down.

The UI is closed for the second time in my 16 years here and FEMA is telling people to stay home.

However, Johnson County has a "we never close" policy. Obviously, certain departments are essential (sheriff, ambulance, roads, etc.). But the story I hear is the courthouse closed for a blizzard 50 or so years ago, and a very angry farmer - a TAXPAYER! - ranted so loud at the next Supervisors meeting that they haven't closed since.

Any reports from other civil servants on their policies would be interesting.

UPDATE. The COURTHOUSE is without power and closed. Judge Lewis held morning court at the jail. Admin Building is, as noted, open, so are Iowa City departments (except the library which appeared undamaged.)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder