1 Şubat 2005 Salı

I Hate Paper

I Hate Paper



Have I ever mentioned how much I hate paper? You wouldn't know it, looking at my desk and my boxes full of the stuff, but I really don't like getting stuck with information on paper.



Part of it's just that I have horrible luck with printers. They frustrate me, and as a result I get frustrated when people can't grasp information on a screen but can accept the same piece of information if, when, and only when it's printed.



To me, paper is the medium of the Old Millenium and data is Post-Modern. Give me a screen full of data, an e-mailed attachment, any time. Maybe that's why I like blogging better than I liked the newspaper column I had a decade ago.



Last week I did my entire year's taxes and filed them without paper. Calculator pop-up, on-line filing, took less than an hour. I save everything on the external hard drive that's the size of one paperback.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder