26 Nisan 2004 Pazartesi

To the new owners of 714 Brookside Drive







I used to own this house. If you have any questions about it please feel free to call me and I’ll help you the best I can.



I’m sorry it is such a mess. You should have seen it four years ago when we moved in, expecting to stay here the rest of our lives. I’ll spare you the long story. Let’s just say things didn’t work out. Some of us are better off now, others are worse off.



A few things you should know.



You’ve probably already figured out that the carpets are ruined. We had too many cats. We loved them all but it was still too many.



There’s a wasp nest the size of a beachball in the playhouse/shed out back so be careful.



The fenced in area was a garden. We grew gigantic sunflowers there a couple years ago. There’s catnip everywhere – I transplanted a bunch to my new home to try to keep something positive from here. A few perennials and volunteers may still pop up. I suppose if you want you can tear it up and put plain old grass there. I hope you don’t. There’s also raspberries growing along the fence on the creek side.



Ducks like to come up into the yard and we always welcomed them with bread, corn, and assorted breakfast cereals. We’ve seen a few other critters too including possums, owls, and even a deer once.



The neighbors are nice. They put up with a lot from us and hopefully they will be happier with whoever eventually comes to live there.



My hope is that this will be a happier home for someone new than it was for us.








The actual sale this morning, by the way, was rather anti-climactic. No auctioneer, no dramatic scene, not even anyone there. The bank just faxed in its bid and that was that.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder