21 Kasım 2008 Cuma

Friday clips

Oh my God, they're turkeys!

  • The turkey pardoning ceremony is an inherently silly ritual of politics, and this would be funny even if it wasn't Palin. But the fact that it is Palin makes it ROTFL.

    Watch as she gives the interview right in front of the guy feeding turkeys into the head chopper. MSNBC was showing a censored version; this is unedited.



    The second funniest clip involving turkeys ever. This is the funniest.



    Oh, the humanity!

  • Jackie Norris: Michelle Obama's chief of staff. Way cool for Iowa.

  • New York Times says: Abolish the electoral college!
    Three times since the Civil War — most recently, with George W. Bush in 2000 — it has awarded the presidency to the loser of the popular vote. The president should be the candidate who wins the votes of the most Americans.


  • A neat graph of demographic vote shifts this year.

  • R U gay? No, R U? Prince is now homophobic, which is really funny considering how many times I got called "faggot" for playing his music in 1983. Almost as annoying: A search for a quick punchline informs me that Prince aggressively bans his videos on YouTube and they're only on AOL and preceded by ads. So no link love.

    I'm keeping the beret anyway.

  • Help me out here, readers. In the post-election lull, I'm in a retrospective, regrouping, greatest hits mood. Note the minor layout changes. I also tried to upgrade the very dusty blogroll, but Blogrolling.com seems to be out of order. Having listened to Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series disks of outtakes, I'm a firm believer in the idea that writers are often the worst judges of their own best work.

    So I turn to you the readers, with a little trepidation, Last time I left a major decision up to you I got stuck with a pink hat. But I'll ask you again anyway, so help me choose the Best Of. Email me or comment me.

    I'll take requests for the music player too. I know it's very MySpacey, but it's very Deeth too.
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder