12 Şubat 2006 Pazar

Low Key Weekend: Random Update

Low Key Weekend: Random Update

Haven't had much urge to write this weekend. Got struck with the urge to CLEAN today instead, and I took advantage of that rare mood.

Evan Bayh was in town meeting with "key local Democratic leaders" of which I am apparantly Not One (I think it was Honorable Elected types, not crazy blogger types.) Also missed out on Dusky Terry this afternoon. Long story but I've been car-less a couple weeks. My car is fine but we dads make sacrifices.

Here's an geek update on the junk computer project. I am now surrounded by three machines:

  • The Firebolt a/k/a the laptop
  • A Pentium 3/450 that's one of the ones I picked up at $25 for 5 machines. This is the new Linux Clock - I don't do much with it other than let the screensaver run as a clock. It's also running Seti@Home but not as fast as it should so I'm troubleshooting. Rather, I'm learning HOW to troubleshoot a Linux box.
  • A P3/800 that I found on the street last week. It was without a hard drive but otherwise intact. It is now also a Linux box - I browse on it a bit and it turns around SETI@Home units about two per day (the Firebolt does about twice that).
  • There's also another P3/450 that my neighbor is running XP on, and a P2/350 that could be servicable soon.

    And I got off the Oasis kick long enough to get on a Neil Young kick: the cleaning and computer tweaking turned into a four-album marathon. Still waiting for the great unreleased genre-hell albums: the hip hop experiment Rap Never Sleeps and the reggae detour Rasta Never Sleeps...
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder