28 Kasım 2005 Pazartesi

Linux vs. Windows and Champagne Supernovae

As noted yesterday, I put together my first ever Linux machine from an old Pentium II that I literally found on the street with a FREE sign on it. I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu Linux in just about two hours.

Today I battled with Windows 2000 for 2 1/2 hours trying to get a printer driver to work.

It should not take longer to install a PRINTER DRIVER than it takes to install an entire OPERATING SYSTEM.

Not ready to re-partition the Firebolt yet, but many more days like today and I'll consider it more seriously.






My ten years after the fact obsession with Oasis continues to the point that I finally bothered to learn what a champagne supernova is:

Noel Gallagher got the title when he misheard the name of the Pixies album Bossanova. He was watching a documentary about champagne at the time.


So it's nothing at all. Just semolina pilchard climbing up the Eiffel Tower. I suspect it has a lot to do with where was Noel when he was getting high.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder