12 Ocak 2004 Pazartesi

A couple nice human being moments



I spent Saturday afternoon knocking on doors for Dean with a young guy who came up from Florida to help out.



Another nice moment was due to my own stupidity. I was quite proud of myself for not driving during last week's cold snap. WELL...



You know what happens when you don't start a car for a week in winter?



You don't start a car!



So. Friday night when this happened I left a note begging for help on the next car over. They didn't help, but they were nice enough to pass the note along to the next car, and so on and so on.



Saturday night about 10:30 I got a call from the owner of Car #4 or 5. "Yeah, I just got a burger, but I can help ya after I eat."



15 minutes later, vroom, vroom. I gave him five bucks and told him "here, get another burger," and he was even polite enough to refuse the money once and then take it. Hey, woulda been 50 bucks for the tow truck.



jdeeth@zeus.inav.net: 1999-2004 RIP



The other thing: Mid-afternoon the plug was finally pulled on the old e-mail account. My payment only ran through New Year's Eve and I was wondering how long it would keep flying. The four weeks of lag time since the decision to move gave me enough time to clue eveyone in, I think.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder