9 Ocak 2003 Perşembe

Bush pitches tax relief at flag maker

"MSNBC"

On US Politics via News Is Free



Retro Flashback Moment: it's George Bush at the Flag Factory! Didn't I just say it was 1988 all over again? I had an interesting 1988 and there's a lot of it i'd like to revisit, but the presidential campaign was not a highlight of the year. (It was, however, my last as a civilian. Since then I've been a reporter, a campaign staffer, a candidate, and in my latest incarnation an election staffer.) I also had extremely long hair in 1988. In fact I had hair in 1988.



Back to 1988 (oh I wish!) maybe we will get that Guns N' Roses revival after all... and that Gary Hart comeback hangs in the air. What's the slogan gonna be? "Gee, after Monica Lewinsky, that Donna Rice thing doesn't seem like a big deal, huh?"



On a completely unrelated subject I was buying groceries and glancing at a TV Guide ranking the 100 Greatest TV/Music moments of All Time. I muttered "Beatles on Sullivan better be Number One..." Number THREE? With Bill Clinton playing sax on Arsenio Hall at Number One?!? Now, I may be one of the biggest Bill Clinton fans around but come ON.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder