7 Ağustos 2008 Perşembe

Favre to Jets

Brett A Jet

At least there's still some green in the jersey. And I guess I have a favorite AFC team now.

Packer football has been a family bond my entire life, as my brothers have scattered to Viking and Lion land and yet kept their home towm team loyalty. And even though it had nothing to do with me in any real sense, I look back and that Super Bowl win was genuinely one of the happiest days of my life.

I don't really know Brett Favre the person. He's a stranger and I really have no right to question his personal motivations. I can't pretend to understand the economics and egos of professional sports at that level.

What I do know is that he gave me, and millions of us cheeseheads, 16 years of great memories that no contract fight, "quarterback controversy," or trade can take away. I'm a Packer fan first and foremost, but I'm a Favre fan too. I wish him and Deanna the best in New York.

I'm not mad at him or at Packer management. I'm just depressed. This is like Johnny Unitas playing out the string with the Chargers. What a sad ending.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder