10 Temmuz 2008 Perşembe

Damn, Obama is blessed

Damn, Obama is blessed

The WaPo articulates my thoughts before I could:

Barack Obama leads a charmed life. He finally had his Sister Souljah moment and didn't even have to show up. Jesse Jackson did it for him solo.

  • John McCain, meanwhile, changes the story in Pennsylvania with a blatant revision of his own biography, substituting the `70s Steelers for the `60s Packers:

    July 2008, Pennsylvania: "When I was first interrogated and really had to give some information because of the physical pressures that were on me, I named the starting lineup -- defensive line -- of the Pittsburgh Steelers as my squadron-mates!"

    His 1999 book: "Pressed for more useful information, I gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line, and said they were members of my squadron."

    When McCain was shot down in `67, the Packers were the reigning champs and the Steelers were also-rans, and it's unlikely Charlie kept him up to date on the latest NFL news. Nope, no ESPN Sports Center in the tiger cage. But BSing the North Vietnamese isn't the issue -- his blatant present-day Pittsburgh pander is. Will he EVER learn that in the internet era, with the hated bloggers in every basement with nothing better to do than Google you, the crap you say lasts forever? Even John McCain can't possibly be THAT computer illiterate.

    Barack, as much as it may hurt a Bears fan to remember Bob Skoronski, Fuzzy Thurston, Jerry Kramer, Forrest Gregg, and Jim Ringo, you may just have won Wisconsin.

  • “I am tonight setting a clear goal for the energy policy of the United States. Beginning this moment, this nation will never use more foreign oil than we did in 1977 — never.” Is it Safe Now to Admit Jimmy Carter Was Right? As usual, The Onion said it first -- and better --and NSFWer:
    You got a global warming problem? Boo-f%^@ing-hoo! I was telling you morons to turn off your lights and unplug all your sh*t at night to conserve energy in 19-f%%!in'-75, for chrissake. Gee, I wonder what woulda happened if we'd all switched to solar power like I f%*!@ing did back when we had a f^&*ing chance to do something about it.

  • I got your higher education right here:
    The first disadvantage of an elite education, as I learned in my kitchen that day, is that it makes you incapable of talking to people who aren’t like you. Elite schools pride themselves on their diversity, but that diversity is almost entirely a matter of ethnicity and race.

    I also never learned that there are smart people who aren’t “smart.” The existence of multiple forms of intelligence has become a commonplace, but however much elite universities like to sprinkle their incoming classes with a few actors or violinists, they select for and develop one form of intelligence: the analytic. While this is broadly true of all universities, elite schools, precisely because their students (and faculty, and administrators) possess this one form of intelligence to such a high degree, are more apt to ignore the value of others.


  • Looking way ahead: more Democratic women in the Senate in 2010?
  • Hiç yorum yok:

    Yorum Gönder