8 Mayıs 2004 Cumartesi

The crops are planted



Well, most of them anyway. It's not much compared to my past gardens but after a year off it feels like 40 acres and a mule.



Two eggplants







one classic big round kind and one long skinny Asian kind. Surrounded by catnip to keep the nasty flea beetles away.



Three peppers: two kinds of red sweet peppers and one cherry pepper. No hot stuff, I still have three jars of canned jalapenos.



Three tomatos: my old standby Better Boy, a Roma for tomato sauce, and a pink variety for my daughter.



Then I scattered some aging flower and herb seeds around to see if any are hardy enough to germinate.



The beans are soaking; tomorrow I build the fence and plant 'em. Should be eating beans by the end of July.



Still need to hit the landlord up about the place where I want to do sunflowers...



Hot and humid today. Good for growing plants. Not so good for furry creatures like me and my feline roommates. Of course they are smart enough to stay inside and sleep instead of playing in dirt.








I've done a lot of stuff lately to make this blog more noticable and to see if anyone is reading it. I'm not sure if I want to go as far as adding interesting content, however.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder