14 Şubat 2004 Cumartesi

Earth & Sky : Tonight's Sky for 2/14/04



See four planets tonight!



Skies look clear over Iowa City tonight, I may have to get the telescope out...



UPDATE



I did get the scope out (Spot the cat did not go outside to help observe). This scope is designed for wide-field viewing so fine planet detail is not gonna happen. It's still nice. I got really good views of the Pleiades and the nebula in Orion's belt.



Checked out Venus, Mars (much faded from last summer), and Saturn. I could just barely make out the rings. While I was looking for Saturn I stumbled onto a satellite! Near as I can tell it was a Japanese satellite called ADEOS. The timing of the pass was just right.



Saw Jupiter rising and I may check it out later. For now I'm back to my caucus data entry and my black bean soup.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder